My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Half way done at the MTC

Yeah, I am about half way done at the MTC. It's strange how the time passes here. The most common phrase around here is "the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days" but after about a month the days still feel like weeks but the weeks also kind of feel like years. But that might just be me. I've always had a tendency to get antsy when I stay in one place for too long.

The 4 headed for Mongolia: Guild, Bottorff, Hansen, Olsen (pic borrowed from Olsen blog)
You are well aware that stubbornness and pride runs strong in the Hansen blood. We had a lesson last week on recognizing our Laman-like attributes, and fixing them and becoming more like Nephi. I kind of got called out, which at the time didn't feel good, but turned out to be exactly what I needed to kick my pride to the curb. 

Sister Johnson (from our ward) and me at the Temple
Dad, you've been asking about Sister Guild. She's awesome. She from Evanston, Wyoming, comes from a big ranching family. She graduated from a community college in Wyoming, and hopes to come to Utah State after her mission! She played volleyball in high school and it's super fun to play with her during our gym time. She is one of the kindest people I've ever met! We all get along so well.

Here is a picture of me and all my books
As far as the visas go, yes, we have already been assigned our sponsors, although we don't know what they are yet. The guy that's in charge of that came and talked to us 2 or 3 weeks ago, and said we'd be getting that information soon... but that was 2 or 3 weeks ago, so I don't know what he meant by "soon". So we're all anxiously waiting to hear where we will be teaching in Mongolia.

Were you able to go see Rachel Newbold? That is so exciting that she is home! 

Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment