My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, September 12, 2016

Jingle Bell Rock

*Riding home on the bus Sunday night about 21:00*
♫Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock....♫
Sister Lichtenberg and I just looked at each other, laughed, then started to sing along. Asia is silly.



I know I'm pretty bad at keeping you updated on people that we teach. It's just hard to adequately describe the experiences and journeys that these people go though. But this week please keep a woman, "H" in your prayers. For a quick overview, she is a homeless drunk who has had missionaries placed in her path before us, and we are now taking baby steps of faith to try to save her life. But we really have no idea how to handle this situation and are completely relying on the spirit to know what to do next.






In other news, we had a meeting with my school yesterday, which was really good. We discussed a lot of things, and came to a few agreements on things that will hopefully make this year better. Crazy thing, Sister Koefoed and I will only be teaching 6th grade and 11th grade this year. So that will hopefully make it easier to only have to learn like 30 names instead of like 200+.


Tomorrow is our mission tour with President Funk coming from the Asia Area. I hope that the music we have put together will invite the spirit and will add to the conference! I'm really excited! I have also been asked by President Funk to have an interview with him directly following the conference, which I have no idea what about, but that will be really cool.



Thank you for all the prayers and love. Mongolia really needs it. I love being a missionary. It is really hard sometimes and usually have to drag myself into bed because we're so exhausted by the end of the day, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm grateful for the plan of salvation. I'm grateful for the atonement, and I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. This gospel is the only way to gain real, true happiness, and the ONLY way for us to enjoy eternal life with our Father in heaven.

Have a good week everyone! Find someone to serve this week, za yu?

Sister Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment