My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, July 17, 2017

I have been so Dang Stinkin' Blessed

Getting interviewed by a Mongolian TV station at Naadam
I'll be straight with you, I'm pretty tired of writing emails. I know that you want to hear every detail about every lesson and everything that I'm experiencing, and I want to share it with you just as much as you want to hear it, probably more, but I'm pretty tired of writing emails. I've tried super hard through my mission to send good, informative, uplifting emails every week. Just know that it didn't even describe 1% of my mission and the love and growth and beauty and miracles that I've had here. 

I guess highlights of this last week included Naadam, an awesome split in Baganuur with Sisters Dorjpagam and Javlantbayar, and my final mission leadership council. 

Here are a few pics of Naadam








It actually was surprisingly more difficult to say goodbye to Baganuur than I thought it would be. I've never even served there, but just from the 3 exchanges that I've gone on I really love that place. I also love the sisters that serve there. I'm so grateful to have served as a sister training leader for the time that I have and been so dang stinkin' blessed to work with and help the sisters in this mission. 






MLC was also amazing, and we had a wonderful discussion with President and Sister Harper on the "language of faith" which has been a central part of my personal study the last few days. 

So the goodbyes begin this week. I'm so excited to see the people that I've met and taught through the last year and a half, but so sad it has to be under these circumstances. My heart is about to take a beating. 



Have a wonderful week, and see you soon. 
Sister Hansen

2 comments:

  1. Sister Hansen,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful posts on this blog. I am Elder Garcia's father and I rather enjoyed both the spiritual messages and cultural exposure you've provided. Moreover, thank you for serving! Best of luck on your return home. If you happen to see my son, give him a high-five for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your recommendation for getting tickets to the opening day? Should I try to buy it through my hostel? for Flight Ulaanbaatar

    ReplyDelete