My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Sunday, July 2, 2017

My Last Zone Conference

So many exciting, good things happened this week. My last zone conference was absolutely amazing and incredibly bittersweet. President and Sister Harper gave wonderful trainings on faith and diligence, and the zone leaders (Wilding and Salveson) and Sister Wilcox and focused on ch.7 of PMG "Learning your mission language" and it went very well. Sister Guild, Elder Espinoza, Elder Rodriguez and I all offered our final testimonies. There were a lot of feelings being felt and gratitude in my heart. I really love all those missionaries so much, and they have become my best friends.

My lesson on never giving up - Half Dome Hike in Yosemite

Since I'm currently serving in Sansar . . .

I was also super lucky to go on an STL split with Sister Smoot this week! She has been here for about 2 weeks now, and is doing awesome. Her language is awesome, attitude is awesome, and I loved spending the day with her. We found out that we were at USU at the same time in 2015 and have several mutual friends. She is going to be a bright light and powerful leader in this mission, and a lot of sisters and missionaries are going to look up to her. Since our mission is so small now, she will progress in leadership positions very quickly. But as of now, she's got 2 rock star companions and is loving her experiences in Mongolia.

Sister Smoot - the other Rock Climber

Sister Wilcox and I also met some really adorable Russian girls in front of the Chinggis hotel! We could not communicate with them at all, but somehow through hand signals and some charades we talked for about 20 minutes!! They were awesome. Then I ran into them again with Sister Smoot and they had a translator with them! Turns out they are a Christian choir group traveling around performing and a bunch of different churches and venues! They were like the Sound of Music! Super fun baisan.

The Russians

I also had 2 of my wonderful ward missionaries from Jargalant receive their mission calls this week!! Oyuka will be serving in New Zealand, and Uugantuya is going to Nevada, and they leave in October!! WOW! My ward missionaries becoming full-time missionaries, I'm so happy and excited :)
Sister WIlcox and I will be flying to Choibalson this Friday for a companion exchange with the sisters there. We're so excited! We'll come back Monday, so we will probably email later in the afternoon.
Our Flight Plans

The perks of an STL
Happy Birthday to Sister Bottorff this week! aaand happy farewell to the other Sister Hansen. [Jen's Sister, Allison] So looking forward to hearing that report.

Great talk to study this week- "Overcoming the World" Elder Anderson from last conference.

Hairtai shuu
Sister Hansen




No comments:

Post a Comment