My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, June 26, 2017

May we all try to serve more and expect less.

I can't believe how fast this week flew. I don't know how another week ended and started so fast.


Tomorrow is my final zone conference and I'm having a lot of weird feelings and I think tomorrow is gonna be very strange. I'll be giving a training on learning your mission language, and plan on incorporating my experience of climbing half dome a few years ago, and how after hiking so long and coming so far, there were some people that stopped on the saddle right before reaching the peak, and it broke my heart. As missionaries, especially at the end of our missions, we can't just stop on the plateau and think that we've made it. We're so close. Just keep working hard for that tiny little last stretch and make it all the way to the top. It's so much better up there.

Flashback to 2013 - Hiking Half Dome
Yesterday at church a whole group of travelers from Utah showed up at church. They were doing the trans-siberian railroad, and came to church on their last day in Mongolia. They were so cool and fun to talk to, and I got to translate for them and they had such a great experience. They introduced themselves in relief society and said really sweet things like wherever they go in the world, even though they don't understand the language, they still feel the same spirit in the church. It's true. I've experiences that in my own travels. Then we were talking and they were asking me about how I was feeling about going home and I honestly told them that's it's gonna be really hard. But, I'll be fine.

Trans -Siberian Travelers
We got to go see the baptism of one of Sister Wilcox's investigators from Unur, and it was a wonderful service. Her whole non-member family attended, and it was a very touching and spiritual experience for all of them. They now have a great example and leader in their family, and hopefully now she can help bring them all into the light of the gospel.



Sister Wilcox and I were studying President Uchtdorf's talk from this last priesthood session titled "The Greatest Among You" which is all about serving without expectations of anything in return. As I thought about it I just couldn't stop thinking about President and Sister Harper. I really don't know how I got so lucky to have the greatest mission president in the world, but they really are the most humble, hard working, honest people I know. I will miss them so much. May we all try to serve more and expect less. 

Have a great week, 
Sister Hansen 




No comments:

Post a Comment