My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Thursday, January 7, 2016

MTC after 1 Day

1/7/16 (recieved letter 1/11/16)

Dear Family,

I literally have 10 minutes to write this letter, but our Branch President said we have to write home tonight saying we are safe & healthy & happy.

Today was our first full day at the MTC. My district is wonderful. Mongolian is freaking hard. Tomorrow we are expected to teach a real life investigator the first lesson in Mongolian. She doesn't speak English. Today I learned the alphabet. This'll be great.

There are 9 of us in our district - 4 sisters & 5 elders. Each of us come from a very different backgrounds & experiences - 2 Elders are converts in the last 2 years. Only 2 missionaries are under the age of 20. We are all becoming great friends. Bottorff and I just laugh constantly because we don't know what else to do.

Here is what my name tag looks like:

Much love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment