My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, August 1, 2016

Giant chucks of ice falling from the sky!

I vote you just post all your experiences from trek on my blog this week! So many amazing experiences.... trek is wonderful, and I wish I could have been there!

This week has been so hot!! Like, 90's. I just sweat buckets every day. Then randomly one day, it just started raining like I've never seen rain before. Then, HAIL. Giant chucks of ice falling from the sky! In about 5 minutes the roads were completely flooded, parked cars were in water above the tires, everything was completely and utterly soaked and flooded. It was insane! And I thought Utah weather was bi-polar....



We're still struggling with lessons, but this week was better. We found a lost RM less-active who miraculously decided to let us come over and teach a lesson with her non-member husband. It was super great! She's been back from her mission in Hawaii for over 10 years, and has never even talked to her husband about the church. He didn't know who Jesus Christ was, had never heard of the Holy Ghost, and had never prayed.... I love teaching all of those things. That's the cool thing about Mongolia, is we really meet people who have never heard Jesus Christ's name before. It's just a magical thing to see their eyes opened and changed when we help them recognize the spirit. I love it so much. Also, we asked Bayartuya (the wife) to bear her testimony about prayer, and it was the first time in over 10 years that she has born her testimony, let alone to her husband, and it was BEAUTIFUL. She was teaching him why we close our prayers in the name of Jesus Christ. The best was when we talked about families. Those two are so obviously in love, but are also obviously missing something. We felt inspired to talk about the temple. When we taught of how they can be together after death if they are married together in God's temple, the spirit was so strong. The temple is a powerful, wonderful place, and I can't wait until I am inside again. But I'm selfish, because I only have to go a year without the temple, and these Mongolians save up for their whole lives to go ONCE. Then they spend a week at the temple and do every single session. That's all they do. They have so much faith.

Man parachuting in to the Nadaam Festival
One of my tender mercies that I wrote in my journal this week was this: There have been a lot of disappointments, and frustrating things, and a lot of stuff has gone wrong. But I'm still happy. I'm still really happy, and that's because I trust in my Heavenly Father. I know exactly who I am, and I am so grateful for that. The Plan of Salvation is my tender mercy, every single day.

Zuviig song. Itgeltei bai. Hairtai shuu.
Hansen Egch

No comments:

Post a Comment