My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy Hump Day!

Just quit it with the conference spoilers already!!! We get to watch it this weekend, and we're so excited!!! Saturday after the afternoon session all the sisters are going to Sister Harper's house to watch the women's conference while the men watch Priesthood. It's gonna be so great! Zaya is coming with us too, so that will be really awesome.

Hump Day (9 months down, 9 to go)


Sister Tsetsgee has been serving in Mongolia for 3 months while she's been waiting for her visa to America to go serve in LOGAN, UTAH! Go find her and give her a hug from me.

Friday when we were walking out of the Bayanzurkh for district meeting, I saw a familiar face sitting in the lobby.... it was Mendjargal!!! Woah, it was so good to see him! I haven't seen that kid since before Sister Gardiner left, and it was so awesome. When he left, I still couldn't speak hardly any Mongolian, but I told him when he gets back we'll be able to have a great conversation. It was so awesome to be able to keep that promise!! I could actually communicate with him! It was so cool.  He's doing great, in his last year of high school and getting ready for his mission! His older sister, Oyunchimeg just left for the MTC YESTERDAY and will be serving in Mongolia! I could be her companion some day!! How cool would that be? I love his sister. She'll probably go straight to the countryside with the rest of the Mongolians though. Anyway, I don't know why I didn't think to take a picture with him, but I told him to find me at conference, then we'll get a pic. That was so cool.

THANKS FOR THE BACON we made BLT's and they were amazing holla.
After church on Sunday, a boy in my ward asked if I could accompany a musical number for him sometime. Of course I said I would love to, and the music he gave me was an arrangement of "If you could hie to kolob" for violin and piano, but then he told me he was going to play the piano part on the murin huur!!! The traditional Mongolian cello instrument thing. Holy cow dreams come true! That will be so sweet.
Mongolia goes all out for teacher appreciation day. We got to go to the fanciest, most expensive restaurant in Mongolia! Good thing I just got that new dress from you in the mail, because we were definitely under-dressed. haha.
On our way to the restaurant for the teacher appreciation dinner!
I'm glad that you all loved conference so much, and I'm so excited to hear inspired words from the prophet and apostles this weekend. By their teachings we can have peace and happiness! This church is true! Have a great week!


Sister Hansen

Erdenbayar's family

No comments:

Post a Comment