My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, October 10, 2016

Feeling like Garbage

Hump day came and went, and now I'm on the downward slope of my mission.... how did that happen so fast?

Doing some service for a member (almost got arrested- that's a fun story for another time)

Last week I was super sick, so we didn't get out of the house too much except for English. I think Wednesday we were trying to do companion study, and I was just feeling like garbage and wasn't being productive so Sister Lichtenberg just told me to go lay down. I fell asleep at like 4 thinking I would maybe rest for an hour or two, but then I woke up at it was 9;45 PM!!! WHAT? I came out and my companion was like, "Good morning. We have to go to bed in like 30 minutes." Wow. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep because I had just slept the whole day away, but I didn't have any problems sleeping through the night. #exhaustion. I still have a little lingering head cold, but I'm doing better and can go out and teach lessons now.

Taking some R&R time while I was sick

 Highlight of this week: CONFERENCE!! WOOO!!! General conference as a missionary is seriously like Christmas morning. So. Awesome. All the American missionaries (besides Espenosa and Kettley who are still banished) got to watch at the Bayanzurkh in English, then we had a huge potluck lunch on Sunday, and it was so fun. It's always fun to see my MTC family in the same place!! Elder Cowles has been in Songine his whole mission so far!

Conference was so amazing. So many wonderful talks and insights of how we can become better disciples. I loved Elder Christofferson's talk on unconditional love, and also Elder Rasband talking about never forgetting your sacred experiences. I am so excited to get the Liahona next month to study all their words.

It also was Sister Harper and Sutphin's birthday's last week, and I sang them the Fisher Family birthday song, and everyone loved it!! I had a couple sisters ask me to write the words for them :)

I may have left a great mom back in America, but I've gained 5 more in Mongolia!!
Sisters Maynes, (Sorry, Jen didn't tell us who the sister on the left of her is) Hansen, White, Sutphin
(Sister Harper was making cookies)

We had an amazing first meeting with a couple new investigators, O and her brother G. They are adorable! They're both in their older/middle age, but neither are married and they live together in a ger. They have read the bible, and are very interested in the church, so I'm looking forward to meeting with them more this week!

So, we made deviled eggs for the potluck
I can't believe how fast this transfer is coming to a close. I feel like Sister Lichtenberg and I just got put together, and now we're almost done!! I don't want to leave Jargalant! I love it here! Maybe I will train a new sister in Jargalant. That would be cool.

Hope you all have a great week, and feast off the words of the prophets and apostles from conference! Lots of love!

Sister Hansen

Snow in Jargalant!

No comments:

Post a Comment