My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, December 19, 2016

Sheep Head Round 3

Well, Christmas is coming!! Which means Skype is coming!!! I'm so excited!


These 2 girls showed up at my English class, and were so cute and awesome and said I was the first foreigner they had ever spoken with!!! 

This week we had zone conference, and it was so awesome. I cannot describe to you the love, appreciation, and respect I have for the Harpers. I learn so much just from watching them work. Sister Harper always knows exactly what needs to be said, and gives the most moving and genuine talks, I am so grateful for my mission president!!

Because we can't congregate as a mission, at zone conference we did a little white elephant gift exchange for our Christmas party, and it was so fun!!! I am so grateful that our mission is so small, because we are all such good friends, and I really have grown to love each of these missionaries so much. Some of these people have become my very best friends.





B had her baptismal interview this week, and is all set and ready for her baptism on Friday!! We are so excited! It was also her birthday on Sunday, and we announced her baptism in church and she is just so cute and excited. I love her.

B's birthday party

We had a devotional Sunday night put on by Zion, our all-church-members choir on Mongolian's Got Talent!!! It was awesome! They bore their testimonies, then we watched a little movie about who they are and why they do what they do, and we got to watch their performances, and they sang for us! It was so fun. You may be able to find them on YouTube. Maybe.... it's probably all in Mongolian, so good luck.

I had a very significant experience this week regarding love and forgiveness. It was an incredible opportunity for me to see my growth on my mission, and my confidence in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Zone conference also helped me a lot with this, and President Harper shared a quote from David O McKay about finding joy in self-conquest and not letting our emotions control us. Satan wants us to believe that there is no growth, no progression, and no change. But this is false. I am living proof of that. I have been changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ, and by His atonement.

I love being a missionary! I love this work! I am so excited to speak with you all on Monday :) Have a very Merry Christmas!


Sister Hansen

Also, my companion told me this morning that I've started sleep talking in Mongolian.

Sheep head round 3 (3rd time eating it)
Question from Mom: "Ugh. That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen! How do you do it?"
Answer: "with a knife."

Question: "Is it good?"
Answer:"Some parts of it. I actually really enjoy the tongue. The jaw is pretty chewy"

Question: "You're kidding, right?"
Answer: "Not kidding. It's pretty good."


Email me at: jennifer.hansen@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment