My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, March 6, 2017

Pictures from Tsagaan Sar


[From Jen's parents: Tsagaan Sar is the Mongolian lunar new year celebration. It is one of the most important events for all Mongols across the country. It lasts fifteen days during which families gather to renew and solidify ties, particularly between young and old, to repay debts and resolve disagreements. Basically a week of visiting friends and eating their food]


What's a celebration without goat head?

Shreeve/Hansen - The two tallest sisters in Mongolia
Q: Did you make it thru Tsagaan Sar without getting sick?
A: Nope.

Q: Uh oh. What happened?
A; Hahaha the buuz actually weren't that bad, we made it out with minor destruction. I think we got some bad Russian eggs or something that totally wrecked us. I passed out twice on Sunday...

Q: What the heck! You better give more details.
A; Well, that's just it. We got really sick and slept for like 14 hours straight and couldn't eat for 2 days so I just didn't have anything in my body.

Q: When you say really sick, was it like food poisoning?
A: Yeah

Q: Did someone catch you when you passed out?
A: No, I was in the bathroom. I hit my head but I'm fine. haha

Q: How long were you out?
A: Not long, just a few seconds I think.




Shreeve, Hansen, ??, ?? Lichtenberg, Bottorff, Bollwinkle, Olsen (pic compliments from someone else's blog)

[Mom]: "You're not wearing a coat! Is it really that warm yet?
[Jen] It was like a solid 20 degrees outside!

Sorry no letter today haha. Too much was going on! Pictures only this week.

Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment