My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, March 27, 2017

Sister Training Leader (STL) in Sansar

Transfers! Transfers! Read all about it! I was quite sure that I was going to be staying in Bayanzurkh for at least another transfer, but Sister Shreeve and I were both surprised when we got the call and I am now the new Sister Training Leader in Sansar with Sister Guild! For those of you who don't speak Mongolian, "Sansar" translated to English is "space". So, I am now happy to say that I served part of my mission in space. *drop mic*

I taught my last English Class at the Baynzurkh last week, and it was so hard to say goodbye to so many of these people that I have grown to love so much. I'm so grateful for the amazing opportunity I had to teach this amazing class!!!


Our friend, Anar

Sister Shreeve went to Sukhbaatar with Sister Olsen, and there are now 2 sets of Elders in BZ. We just don't have enough sisters to be in each ward. Until we get our 3 waiting in America, we only have 10 sisters, and Sister Bottorff, Wilcox and Austin are in a trio trying to cover all 3 wards until their trainees arrive. There also just wasn't enough to have STLs for each zone, so Sister Guild and I are now STLs for both. We can do it.


Just the other night we got a call from a woman who recently moved from the Songino ward into Sansar, and wanted to meet the missionaries. She is a member, but we think she's been less-active for a while. So we scheduled an appointment, and as we were meeting and chatting, she looked at my name tag and her eyes got so wide and said "YOU'RE Sister Hansen? I talked to your mom on FB!" Hahahaha. Why was I not surprised? She pulled up your picture on her phone and I was like, "Yep, that's my mom all right!" It was so funny. Then we continued to have a great visit with her and talked about a loving Heavenly Father, and I think she really just needs some TLC and good friends in this new ward and she'll be just fine. It was a good meeting.



We also were able to attend Pujee's mission farewell on Sunday! (Family History Coordinator- what are we going to do without her?!) She is leaving next week for Korea. She bore a wonderful testimony and shared her experience of preparing to serve a mission. She always wanted to go, and prayed and prayed and asked and asked if she was suppose to serve, and the answer was "no." So she went and graduated from BYU-Provo, then prayed again, and the answer was still "no". So she started to work and for 4 years became very successful and accomplished and learned many things. Then one day while praying, the spirit said to her, "Pujee, you need to go on a mission soon. Please prepare quickly." She is now 29 years old and about to leave on her mission and have wonderful experiences and help many many people. Our answers come in a very different timeline then we usually would like them too, but they come. We just have to continue forward doing good things and being happy, and the Lord's will will be revealed to us.

Have a wonderful week!

Sister Hansen

[Jen]: Hi. I'm on!
[Comment from mom]: You're later than usual.
[Answer:] I blame transfers and crutches.
[Question from mom]: What crutches?!
[Answer:]: In my defense, Mongolian stairs are super jenky, it was dark and we were already late getting home. It's not broken, but I'm going to get an MRI today to check for a torn ligament.
For now it's just purple.
[Question]: Is it your ankle? Your knee? Are you in pain?
[Answer]: Ankle. Well, I didn't tell anyone for a little because I thought it was just sprained, but then it kept getting worse.Most likely it will just be a bad sprain and will just take some healing time.
[Question]: Are you able to get around?
[Answer]:  Well, I walked on it for a week before I went to have a check up, but that may have done me more bad than good.




No comments:

Post a Comment