My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, April 17, 2017

In honor of my Grandpa Hansen

Happy Easter everyone, and what a wonderful Easter it was. Sister Guild and I had the opportunity to speak in the long-distance branch, which I always enjoy doing.

Guild, Olsen, Hansen, Bottorff (The MTC gang!)
I also went to my first MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) this week, and it was wonderful to be taught up close by President and Sister Harper as well as our other mission leaders. The Harpers talked a lot about being positive energizers in the mission- he referenced Elder Mark Bragg's talk from this last conference about the heliotrope effect, how plants will follow the light of the sun, and how as we look towards the light- the positive- the Lord will be able to work through us so much better, and we will also be able to lift the spirits of our other missionaries.

Clockwise, starting from 12 o clock: Shreeve, Bottorff, Tilleman-Dick, Guild, Olsen, Hansen

Sister Guild and I also went on an exchange with sisters Battsetseg and Gangabymba in Baganuur. It was a beautiful 3 hour long bus ride through the countryside, and a tiny, quaint little town in the middle of no where. I guess I've just gotten use to the hustle and bustle of the city, because everything felt like it was going in slow motion- but I really loved it. I felt a lot of feeling when I was meeting people in Baganuur. Most of the people I met were very sick and struggling with health. My heart broke for a woman with a bum leg that was wrapped in a slab of sheet metal because she couldn't afford proper care or treatment, when I myself had a sprained ankle but had a nice big walking boot to prevent any trouble. Yet they don't complain. They never complain. I don't know what it's gonna be like to leave this place.
Visiting Baganuur

Elder and Sister White, Sister Sutphin, Guild, Me, Elder (Dr.) Sutphin, Pres and Sister Harper

To close, I want to share my quick testimony about the Plan of Salvation. In honor of my Grandpa Hansen departing from this life, I want everyone to know that there is not a passing doubt in my mind that because of the atonement and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we will meet again. When we do, he will be strong and happy and healthy. That is the glory of this gospel, that death is not the end. I am so grateful for the faith and hope of my grandma and family, who I know have unshakable testimonies of the restored gospel. I'm love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives, and because He lives, we all will live again!

Where's your sting now, grave?!

[Note from Jennifer's parents: Grandpa Bruce Hansen passed away on April 13th. We notified the mission home, and they notified Jennifer when she returned from her splits in the country. She got a special pass to call home and talk to us and Grandma. We read her dedication to him (above) at the funeral.]

Grandpa (from my farewell). He told me he would see me in the Spirit World

Grandpa and me from a few years ago.

Sister Hansen

a.k.a cheese raptor (name given by my companion, Sister Guild and the Sutphins after devouring a whole plate of grated cheese at dinner. I haven't seen cheddar in over a year, give me a break.)

Two Sisters who came into the city

No comments:

Post a Comment