My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful, lovely mother! It was awesome as always to skype with you on Monday, and can hardly believe that was the last one. Next time I see you I will be getting off a plane! 



This week has been pretty spiritually exhausting, with MLC and zone conference and all the other "normal" missionary things. This month as a mission we are studying chapter 5 from PMG on the Book of Mormon, and all of our meetings and conferences have been hard focused on the power of the Book of Mormon. We've studied President Monson's most recent address urging each of us to read the Book of Mormon every day, as well as Elder LeGrand Curtis Jr. on the critical need of a testimony of the Book of Mormon in our conversion. It has been awesome. My knowledge and love of the Book of Mormon has grown exponentially since being a missionary. 

This was my FINAL conference as a missionary.



Last week, we also had some volunteers from DIC in America bring a delivery of 600 wheelchairs for Mongolia. They came and did a training to doctors of how to care for and maintain the wheelchairs, then they proceeded to distribute them to patients. A woman from my ward who has 2 bum legs and for her whole life has struggled around with only one crutch, was given a wheelchair, and Sister Guild and I were able to go push her to church Sunday morning. I love DIC. They have done incredibly enormous amount of good and service not only in Mongolia, but around the world. If you ever feel like your life is lacking something, that would be a good place to start. Get involved with a charity project, and go change someone's life. 

Singing "Beautiful Savior" with Sister Tillerman-Dick (L) and Sister Bottorff (R)

We were also lucky enough to take the 3 DIC volunteers to an amazing performance. We originally thought that it was a celebration of Mongolia's victory day from Russia, but turns out it was actually Russia's independence day from Germany, all put on by Mongolian military performers, and IT BLEW OUR SOCKS OFF. It was so dang good. Talk about cultural overload, it was amazing. 
We're going on a hike today, and I'm really excited. 







I hope you all have a great week. Read the Book of Mormon every day. You'll have more power over Satan, and we all need a little more of that. 
Sister Hansen

Email me at jennifer.hansen@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment