My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I love this work. I love this gospel!

Transfers!!! I am so glad to announce that Sister Guild and I will be remaining companions in Sansar this transfer!! Wooo!! And President reinstated the STL's in the Baruun stake, so we will actually have time to be companions and work together in our area! We are so excited.

Sister Guild, Orhon, Sister Hansen
This has been a wonderful, spiritually uplifting week. We went on an official STL exchange with the Sukhbaatar sisters (Olsen and Shreeve) even though we go on English splits with them twice a week. It was so fun to spent the day with Sister Shreeve, just like last transfer! She is doing so awesome and her Mongolian is starting to take off.

Sister Shreeve, Sister Hansen, Sister Guild
We taught a really beautiful lesson to a less-active on the Plan of Salvation, and I don't know if it was because of Grandpa Hansen recently passing away, or this just came at the right timing for Delgermaa, but this sweet knowledge of a perfect plan was so needed for all of us at that moment, but especially for Delgermaa who had forgotten where she was going. We strengthened each other and loved each other and it was a really touching meeting.



Sister Guild and I were also able to meet with our relief society president this week, who we both served with as missionaries. Handsuren has been off her mission for less than a year, and is now the relief society president of a large, functional family ward. We were discussing with her a lot of recent-converts gone less-active that we are trying to find and help. As Handsuren was offering our closing prayer, I could not get the quote out of my head from one of our Relief Society general presidency sisters who said "we need women with a bedrock understanding of the gospel". The spirit whispered to me, WE are those women! WE are the ones with the knowledge and love of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and WE are needed to lead, uplift, love, and inspire the wayward sisters and members of this church to bring them back into these loving folds.

Jen, Sister Guild, Handsuren (Relief Society Pres.)
In the hymn "Called to Serve" about missionary work, it doesn't say "and we'll baptize thousands!". It is all about service. Allison, and other's, remember that as you shortly depart on your full-time mission.



I love this work. I love this gospel! and just in case you've never heard me say it before, I love Mongolia. Have a great week!
Sister Hansen

This is for you Grandma Hansen

I love Mongolia!



No comments:

Post a Comment