My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving and Urine

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Thanksgiving Pot Luck (Sister Nelson recovering in pink on the right)

I am grateful for...
MY PARENTS- who were married in the temple and have raised me to love the gospel of Jesus Christ, be obedient and righteous, but also have a lot of fun and enjoy life and all the good things.
MY GRANDPARENTS- who have never stopped sending love and support through whatever phase of life I am in, and set beautiful examples of happy, faithful lives.
THE HOGANS- who actually are just my second family. They taught me what a bell pepper is for crying out loud. May the Hogan-Hansen-Highway be an everlasting symbol of our friendship, and really late night nertz games.
KAYLENE HARRIS- who out of the kindness of her heart extended her work hours to teach me piano lessons. Kaylene is not only the best piano teacher in the world, but also one of my dearest friends, and if not for her, I would not have had as many amazing opportunities to serve.
THE BROS- who made my college experience amazing. Let's not count all the questionable decisions that have been made, and just say that we've had a lot of fun, and I'm really grateful that we always (usually) have each others' backs.
LOGAN YSA 32nd WARD BISHOPRIC- who were basically my 3 dads at USU. For always caring about my life and leading our ward with love and by the spirit.
PRESIDENT and SISTER HARPER- who are the most perfect example of a unified, loving, eternal companionship, and work so hard to lead this mission and move he work forward in Mongolia.
MY MISSION- there is no way I can tack down one thing I am most grateful for on my mission. My entire life has been changed. I've met some of my very best friends. I've learned about the Atonement and Plan of Salvation in such a way that I see my life and others' through totally new eyes.
HEAVENLY FATHER and JESUS CHRIST- who love us SO MUCH and have given me so many blessings and opportunities that I don't deserve.

And a lot of other things.

Tuesday split with Sister Kofoed (left) and Nomin?

Anyways, a little bit about this week, Sister Nelson is doing well- she is currently on crutches for a while, but is in good spirits and will be walking again soon.

Reunited with one of my favorite companions. Me, Lichtenberg, Jensen, Bollwinkel

Interesting cultural experience: I thought that after 8 months I had pretty much experienced all the normal Mongolian things.... then the other day meeting with a less active family, their little kid had to pee, so his dad held up a little cup for him to do his thing (this is normal). What took me by surprise was when the dad drank it. I was a little bit shocked for a minute. He saw that on my face and chucked and said it's healthy. Um, I'm pretty sure there's a reason why our body gets rid of that stuff. I talked to Elder Moulder about it later if that was a Mongolian thing or if this family is just weird, and he said he has seen it before. So, yeah, gross.

Look what happens when your companion (Sister Mason) is an art major!




"O" and  "G" are doing well! "O" has been coming to my English classes! We told her that Dec 23 is Joseph Smith's birthday, and she got super pumped for her baptism. It's going to be a great day!

Teaching with Sister Kofoed

Have an awesome week. Listen to some classic Christmas carols for me!

Sister Hansen



Email me at: jennifer.hansen@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment