My Experiences as an English Teacher and Missionary in Mongolia Ulaanbaatar (Jan 2016 – Jul 2017)

Email me at: (sorry I'm home now)
Mailing address:
Sister Jennifer Hansen
Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Mission
(Sorry I'm home now)

Monday, January 16, 2017

The wind will just blow right through you!

We're in like week 4 of the "9". The 9 really cold weeks. Definitely felt it the last couple days. It doesn't really matter how many layers you put on, that wind will just blow right through you! It's just really dang cold!



This week I got to go on splits with Sister Bollwinkel and Sister Olsen. It's always fun to work with the other sisters in the mission and learn from each other.

This week we had a couple miracle meetings with people that I've been trying to meet with the entire time I've been in Jargalant! One really awesome young family who are very interested in the temple, and really want to go there as a family. We had a great lesson with them reading Alma 32 and the steps of gaining faith. The spirit was very strong in their ger, and Sister Mason even got a round of applause for her Mongolian!

I have been so grateful for my calling as an English teacher this week! I have made some really great relationships with some of my students at the Bayanzurkh and have really felt like I've been making a difference in some people's lives.



I read Elder Holland's talk from priesthood session last conference on being emissaries for the church. Although it was focused on home teaching, we all have the responsibility to care for and serve our brothers and sisters. I'm so grateful for the guiding and advising words of the prophets and apostles. The make me want to be a better missionary and servant of Christ, and give me a lot of hope for my life after my mission ends.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the light and power that clinging to our covenants brings. I love that we can continue to progress forever. I love that the priesthood doesn't change. I love my life!

Have a great week.
Sister Hansen

Email me at: jennifer.hansen@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment